September 24, 2012

Do I Need a Smartphone?

Sometimes I think I'm the only person without a Smartphone.  I'm not sure if that makes me dumb or smart, and honestly, I'm not sure I want to find out.  I have a good enough phone that gets decent service here, I can take and send photos, and I can send and receive texts. What else do I need?

Everywhere you look, there's a new app out for something or another, claiming to make your life easier in myriad ways -- but do they really?  Or do they just tie us in to another gadget that eats up our time, and takes us away from things we really should be doing?

I don't get out much and can't see needing access to my email or Facebook when I'm running errands, so why do I need a Smartphone?  What apps are out there that would benefit me, things that are handy to have when away from the computer, or that aren't accessible there?

This is a serious plea.  If you swear by your Smartphone, give me your best pitch. What apps can't you live without?

~ Marie Anne

No comments: