August 22, 2011

Big Savings on DIY at Menards

This weeks' Menards flyer listed exterior and storm doors on sale so I decided to see what they had in stock on Saturday.  The front of my house is really unattractive and I figured new doors(s) would go a long way towards making it cleaner and neater, and more energy efficient too.  My kitchen faucet is a mess and the sink needed a leak sealed around the edges, so I added those to my list of DIY projects for the weekend also.

I was very pleased at the price and selection of doors and picked up a traditional 6-panel steel exterior door for $117 and a nice storm door for $139.

Faucets were also on sale and for only $69 I was able to add a stylish Moen setup to my shopping cart.

Extras that made it to the checkout with me were:

One bottle of Pepsi
Two switchplate covers
Large bottle of 'green' fabric softener
Packet of sink mounting brackets
Small length of flexible pipe
Tube of silicone caulk
Caulking gun
Peep hole for the door
... plus the two doors.

Total price = $349.46, plus tax.

After everything rang up, I was told there was a rebate one of the items - I'll get $10 back on the purchase of my faucet.  Can't beat that!

What good deals did you find this weekend?




No comments: