April 12, 2011

Jethro, the Jack Russell Terror

I couldn't start my blog entries on J-day without first putting Jethro out there.  Jethro is my Jack Russell Terrier pup and he is definitely a terror.  His favorite game is something we call 'bring it', which most of you might know as 'fetch'.  When Jethro was first introduced to the game, he would run to get the toy and lay it down several feet from me and bark, so I would tap the floor at my feet and say 'bring it'.  If you're familiar with the JRT breed, you can imagine how often he followed through with that one.  Jethro will play the game for hours, long after my throwing arm (and patience) have worn out.

I've always been a big dog kinda gal,  but since a Jack doesn't know he's a little dog, I thought he would be the perfect addition to the family that already included my big girl, Molly.  A year and a half later, the two are inseparable.

Best Buds

Jethro says don't tell his momma that he likes cats

... and chickens

Nothing like a good back-stratchin' in the front yard

... followed by a good diggin' in the back yard

Jethro may not be very big in stature, but he's sure the king around here.   Maybe Napolean would have been a more appropriate name.

Jethro surveying his kingdom



Oops, almost forgot. Cheree over at Justified Lunacy (yea, another J-word!) is hosting a giveaway of a $30 Amazon gift card.  She's already surpassed her 300-follower goal, but you can still enter the contest through the end of April.

14 comments:

Kyra Lennon said...

Cute! There is a comedian in the UK called Jethro - he is definitely not as small as a JRT though LOL!

Loki Morgan said...

He is so cute!!

LA Nickers said...

Cute dogs!
Love it.

Linda

I stopped by via the A to Z Challenge for April, and I invite you to visit my blogs at The Mane Point (Horses), Nickers and Ink (Poetry), Practically at Home (Home and Helpful How-to’s) and the Meme Express (Daily Blog Prompts).

Theresa Wiza said...

Every time I hear the name Jethro, I can't help but think of NCIS, one of my FAVORITE television programs. The photos are adorable and I love the backdrop of all those beautiful afghans. I see your dogs love them too.

Anonymous said...

I love Jethro!! The expression on your calico cat's face in the pic next to him is priceless.

Lisa Mason said...

Awesome! What an adorable dog. :)

A Girl and Her eBooks said...

Wonderful post and such a cute dog!

Jennifer Amlie said...

I love your animal pics!

Eliza Wynn said...

Jethro's a good-looking guy!

C and C Antiques and Animals - What a Life! said...

Cute looking pup! My friend has Jack Russells and they are so smart! Good choice for J.

SuburbanWifeLife.com said...

How cute Jethro is! lol I really enjoyed reading about him. Looking forward to more.

SJerZGirl said...

I'm a cat person, as you know, but I think JRTs are great and personable little guys! Not sure about Napoleon in case someone might think Dynamite and not Bonaparte. LOL But, Jethro is a great name. Gibbs would have worked, too!

Sylvia Ney said...

I'm so very glad I found your cute blog! I'm stopping by from the A to Z challenge and I look forward to reading more from you.

Julia Williams said...

Jethro and Molly are both adorable! P.S. Tell Jethro there is no shame in liking the kittehs!