April 13, 2011

Author Spotlight: Karen Kingsbury

I was first introduced to Karen Kingsbury when I checked out Fame from my local library.  This first book in a second series about the Baxter family had me hooked from chapter one and I finished it and the rest of the series in short order.

Karen weaves factual events into some of her stories, such as the 9-11 attack on the World Trade Center.   Her books bring real life issues into Christian fiction with characters who face the same challenges her readers do.  Trials and temptations that man has been facing since the dawn of time show up in her works, penned in modern-day settings.   As you follow the lives of each member of the Baxter family, you'll see that they are no different than you or I - Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven.

Karen Kingsbury books have won numerous awards and Time magazine calls her the queen of Christian fiction. Of the more than 50 novels to her credit, ten of them have made it to #1 on national lists.  A spiritual and motivational speaker in her own right, one of Karen's book series was co-authored with noted Christian relationship counselor and speaker, Gary Smalley.

If' you've not read anything by Karen Kingsbury, look for her works at your local library or find Karen on Amazon.com.  I'll bet she quickly becomes one of your favorite Christian authors.




I'm taking the A-Z Blogging Challenge, where I will post something from each letter of the alphabet on the corresponding day in April, except for Sunday, on at least one if not all four of my blogs.  You can see my other blogs in the sidebar - More of Marie Anne.


8 comments:

Kerry said...

Wow,impressive list of achievements! Thank you for sharing. I must make some "me" time to catch up on some novels.

A Girl and Her eBooks said...

I love Christian fiction. I will have to try her out. Have you ever read Jan Karon's series, which starts with At Home in Mitford? If you like Christian fiction, you will love it!

Langley Cornwell said...

Thanks for the introduction. I'll put her on my list.

Tony Payne said...

I haven't come across Karen before, thanks for introducing her.

SJerZGirl said...

I haven't heard of Karen Kingsley, although I have heard of Gary Smalley. I became familiar with him to some degree when I used to follow and read Chuck Swindoll.

Cat said...

Nice introduction. Have to see if I can find it locally, perhaps.

Cat

Kim said...

I love Karen Kingsbury. I have a bunch of her books I haven't read yet. But what I have has been awesome. Thanks for the post.

Misha Gerrick said...

I've never read her book, but have a friend that simply devours them. Maybe I should give them a try...:-)