December 25, 2010

Alone at Christmas? Never!

December 25th.  Christmas.

Celebrated by Christians as the day to honor Christ's birth.  Along with those who don't subscribe to Christian beliefs, most have a day (or two or three) of family, food, fun.  Lots of time and money spent preparing for all of it.

Santa 
Christmas trees
Snowmen
Angels
Fruitcake
Candy canes
Gingerbread

Wrapping paper everywhere.  Photos snapped to capture memories that may otherwise be forgotten.  

How long does it all last?  

At my house you won't find a tree.
You won't find tinsel and snowflakes.
Not a single ornament displayed anywhere (unless you count the box in the garage)

What I hope you do see if you peek into the window of my heart is the love of Christ, the reason we celebrate Christmas.  

Am I alone on Christmas?  No way.  I wrote this last year, but it's just as fitting today, and every day.  

I hope my Friend is invited into your heart and home today too.


1 comment:

Heidi Pocketbook said...

The love of Christ is the absolute BEST decoration of all.

May you have a blessed 2011, Marie!