July 30, 2010

What is a Fluffernutter?

It was brought to my attention recently that not everyone knows what a Fluffernutter is.  I guess some people lead very sheltered lives!

If you grew up in New England, you know exactly what I'm talking about.  When I was a kid, we didn't have PB&J, we had Fluffernutter sandwiches, made with peanut butter and Marshmallow Fluff.

Doesn't that sound yummy?  I know you want to try it, so let me show you how it's done.

Grab your peanut butter (I like Panner's crunchy, from my local Save-a-Lot) 
and Marshmallow Fluff (must be Fluff!)




Spread one piece of bread with the peanut butter ...




and the other with Marshmallow Fluff.




Smush 'em together and there you have it - a Fluffernutter.




(Told you it was good)


3 comments:

Lynn Pritchett said...

In the deep south, these are known as "Goober Sandwiches" because southerners call peanuts "goobers."

I have always liked fluffernutter sooooooooo much better (for lots of reasons).

Gayle said...

Hi Marie Anne,

I'd heard of this but never seen one made. Thanks for the tutorial.

Cass @ That Old House said...

Well now I know what a Fluffernutter sandwich is, but I have never tasted one ... my Mom would have flipped her lid at the thought! I didn't taste a pizza till high school, or a fast food burger till college. A deprived childhood!!!
But PB & J -- that she thought was OK only if there was absolutely nothing else in the house!

Cass