March 9, 2009

I'm Home!


The evening of 3 March 2009, I became a land-owner again.

It's been a long time coming and I didn't think I'd ever see the day, but with a lot of persistence and sacrifice and of course the Lord's help, I am in my new home.

I had hoped to blog more often and chronicle the process, but I guess that just wasn't meant to be. I'll try to fill in some blanks as I start anew.

Closing was a nightmare. We were under an extreme time crunch due to changing rates, lock-ins, seller pending foreclosure, both realtors going out of town - you name it. We had issues with the VA appraiser, structural engineer, contractor and insurance that had to be tied up at the last minute. As it is, they were still emailing some of the necessary documents while I was signing others and some of it was done backwards, but I am very thankful that it did get done.

Moving is still an ongoing process but we were able to get enough things moved so that I am now living in my home. I found out after closing that cable isn't out here so have to go with Horizon telephone. After visiting their office, I was informed that even they don't carry television service out here, so there goes my cheaper bundled rate. I was able to get telephone and ADSL for my internet, and opted to go with DishNetwork for TV, and that is hooked up and working fine, now I just need to get a bit more educated on how it all works. The phone was working at one point, but I realized yesterday that I no longer have a dial tone, so I think the installer for the DSL might have kerfoodled something, so I will have to call them today.

Living on my military retirement income alone didn't allow for a very lavish home, but I am ever so thankful for the opportunity to purchase a home at all. There are many projects to tackle, but I'm more than satisfied with what I was able to get and know the rest will come together in time. There are so many more things on the plus side that outweigh the smaller issues.

See what I woke up to my first morning in my new home?




The farm across the street has 9 yearling bulls that greet me twice a day. Yep, I think I'm going to like it out here just fine ...

4 comments:

Cyn said...

I am so happy for you!!! I love the view from your window. I think your cows are better looking than the ones I see out of my kitchen window.
I'm looking forward to reading as you continue to get your new home just the way you like it.

Anonymous said...

GIRL!! I'm so excited! I can't wait to see what God has next for you! LOVE YOU.. miss you and the Pennies. Give them my love!

Samantha said...

Hi,
I found your blog through my cousin Diane.
I would love to follow your blog of your new adventure of moving. You are welcome to follow mine as well.
Sounds as if you are going to be very happy.
I LOVE farms. We live on a camp where my husband is the property manager, we are able to garden. I look forward to reading more.
Blessings,
Samantha
http://sweetsouthernjourney.blogspot.com/

Diane said...

This reminds me so much of my house, looking out my back door across the pasture with Daddy's cows grazing......but that was a long time ago and Daddy doesn't even own the farm anymore, much less have cows. Life is so full of changes, some so bittersweet and other so absolutely wonderful. Yours is the absolutely wonderful kind and it couldn't have come to anyone more deserving than you! Love you!

Diane