May 14, 2015

Wanna See Something Cool?


Ha!  Made you look!

Seriously, this ice sphere mold is a cool product, even without the pun.  I was offered this item at a reduced price for my honest review on amazon, and I love it!  It takes a little patience to figure out how to fill it all the way, but if you're not concerned about your ice being perfectly round with no rough edges, it works great.

This tray makes ice cubes that are larger and heavier than the normal tray makes, but the cool thing about it is that because of the shape, they pack more cooling power into a smaller space.  I don't really understand the physics behind why that is, but I do feel that they keep the water cooler than regular ice cubes of similar size.

I'm going to use ice balls in my water pitcher so that I don't have to keep opening the refrigerator eleventy-seven times a day during the summer.  Right now I'm experimenting with three of the ice balls in my water pitcher filter reservoir and filling the rest with tap water, and so far I can attest that it is not melting as quickly as a few ice cubes would.  I can keep my filtered water pitcher handy for quick refills, which will help me drink more water throughout the day.



Because the ice ball tray is made of a quality silicone, it's super easy to get the ice out of the tray.  It also won't retain odors, which is a big deal for me.  I hate an icky smelling plastic ice cube tray and I don't care what you clean them with, they still stink after a while.  Problem solved with this silicone ice ball tray.

So, no five stars from me, only because it takes a little time and patience to figure out the best/easiest way to fill it up without spilling, but I give it a solid 4.5 stars.

~ Marie Anne






No comments: