April 9, 2011

Horsey Fix!

Yesterday's post was about my favorite gelding for the letter G, so today I'll share horses in general for the letter H.  I don't own any of these beautiful animals any longer, but each of them holds a very special place in my heart.

Boodie - Sorrel QH Gelding

Lacie - Bay Breeding Stock Paint Mare, One Blue Eye
Dam to Dove and Rio

Dove - Bay Breeding Stock Paint Filly

Mama Lacie and Rio, an Hour After Foaling

Rio - Bay Overo Stud Colt
Two Blue Eyes

Tonka - Grade (TWH Cross?) Gelding, Getting a  Bath

The herd on a clear day

Checking Out the Neighbor's Brush Fire

LtoR: Boodie, Buck, Dove, Tonka, Lacie, Rio

Minnesota Winter

Forget the camera.  Where's Chow?

So that was my little herd.  They were a handful, for sure!




I'm taking the A-Z Blogging Challenge, where I will post something from each letter of the alphabet on the corresponding day in April, except for Sunday, on at least one if not all four of my blogs. You can see my other blogs in the sidebar - More of Marie Anne.

6 comments:

Kerry said...

I miss my horses, thanks for the beautiful pics. Lacie looks just like a gelding I had.

K

C and C Antiques and Animals - What a Life! said...

Looks like you have had a wonderful group of horses! Very pretty. I like the forget the camera one the best.

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous bunch of horses!

Langley Cornwell said...

I could look at animal pix all day long. What a lovely herd you had. Lucky lady. Thanks for sharing these.

I’m A-Z Blogging on Langley Writes about Writing and Langley’s Rich and Random Life

Cat said...

HORSE-
Hop on
Over the back
Ride around
See the sights
Evade poo when descending...

Sorry, that's the best I could do.

Cat

A Girl and Her eBooks said...

You're killing me LOL I want a horse so bad.