June 5, 2009

Am I Hallucinating?

Unbelievable.

(Read this post for a bit of background)

I'm still dealing with this huge hole down to the crawlspace beneath my laundry room and I'm about at my whit's end on how to deal with it. I actually broke down into tears this afternoon after what I found shortly before noon today ...

Mushrooms!

Yes, I have mushrooms growing in my house - not down in the dirt beneath the crawlspace, but growing out the side of the damp, exposed subfloor.


(click to enlarge)

Since no agency I've contacted yet has been very helpful, I called the structural inspector this afternoon to attempt to deal with him personally, but had to leave a message. If I don't hear something by close of business on Monday, I will be calling everyone I can think of on Tuesday morning, starting with the Dept of Commerce/Real Estate Division, the Health Dept and finally the media.

Large hole in the structure.
Black mold growing up the wall.
Musty dampness throughout that area and the bathroom (which is behind that wall).
And now mushrooms ...

What next?

I don't think I want to know ...

3 comments:

Heidi Pocketbook said...

I think the media would be good if you can't get anyone to listen/take you seriously. Please, please be careful of the mold/fungus. You don't need illness on top of everything else.

Anonymous said...

Marie:
They are very dangerous, more if there if it is any allergic reaction. So if anyone who lives there, and have strange illness, advise your doctor.
Ruth del Valle

alvey said...

So how's this going so far? Getting ahead any?
I think I'd be concerned about this also!