April 6, 2009
Honest Scrap a la Marie Anne
A very sweet lady lives that lives over in The Little House in the Desert blessed me with this award and to accept it, I have to share 10 things about myself (honestly!) and then choose three others to pass it along to.
1) I love the Lord, and although I fall so far short of where He wants me to be, I haven't given up, and more importantly, I know He hasn't given up on me.
2) I retired from the Marine Corps in Jan 1997, having served more than 21 years and attaining the rank of Master Sergeant (MSgt/E8).
3) I've held many jobs since retiring from the Marine Corps, but the most rewarding was working as an assistant with special ed kids on the school bus. Yes, I rode the short bus, and I'm proud of it!
4) I have two grown sons, both living in Charlotte, NC.
5) I just bought a house! It's not fancy, but it's mine, and I'm so grateful that I have this opportunity.
6) I adopted sweet little Molly just after moving into my house.
7) I've lived in 8 different states (NH (born and raised), SC, NC (several times), MA, HI, MD, MN and finally OH) as well as Japan, and have visited London, England and Seoul, Korea.
8) I enjoy reading, crocheting and dabbling in the garden (see my other blogs!)
9) I just got a sewing machine from freecycle and want to try to make some simple things for my home. Wish me luck!
10) I love my online friends to pieces!
The three I'd like to pass this award on to are:
Martie at Mom 2 Four Girls
Cindy at My Recycled Bags
The Kansas Hooker
Labels: Marie Anne