April 6, 2009

Honest Scrap a la Marie Anne


A very sweet lady lives that lives over in The Little House in the Desert blessed me with this award and to accept it, I have to share 10 things about myself (honestly!) and then choose three others to pass it along to.

1) I love the Lord, and although I fall so far short of where He wants me to be, I haven't given up, and more importantly, I know He hasn't given up on me.

2) I retired from the Marine Corps in Jan 1997, having served more than 21 years and attaining the rank of Master Sergeant (MSgt/E8).



3) I've held many jobs since retiring from the Marine Corps, but the most rewarding was working as an assistant with special ed kids on the school bus. Yes, I rode the short bus, and I'm proud of it!

4) I have two grown sons, both living in Charlotte, NC.

5) I just bought a house! It's not fancy, but it's mine, and I'm so grateful that I have this opportunity.

6) I adopted sweet little Molly just after moving into my house.



7) I've lived in 8 different states (NH (born and raised), SC, NC (several times), MA, HI, MD, MN and finally OH) as well as Japan, and have visited London, England and Seoul, Korea.

8) I enjoy reading, crocheting and dabbling in the garden (see my other blogs!)

9) I just got a sewing machine from freecycle and want to try to make some simple things for my home. Wish me luck!

10) I love my online friends to pieces!




The three I'd like to pass this award on to are:

Martie at Mom 2 Four Girls
Cindy at My Recycled Bags
The Kansas Hooker

4 comments:

RecycleCindy said...

Thank you so much Marie Anne for this award. You are too kind. It's wonderful to see you back posting and I can't wait to see your newest crafting projects. Take care and thanks again.

Diane said...

Somehow, even after having known you for these months, I had missed that both of your sons live in NC! I love blogging cause I learn something new every day! Love reading your blogs Marie Anne! Love you too!

Hugs...........

Di

The Raggedy Girl said...

I love the Marine photo, Marie Anne...way cool. I bought some fabric to make a table cloth and some napkins and we will see how this turns out!!

Happy Tuesday
from Roberta Anne

j said...

I am with you on Number 1. Isn't God good that He loves us right where we are?

Interesting facts. Thank you for your service!